For the second weekend in a row the University Library will be closed! Not to worry, starting the weekend of June 6th, the Library will be open 8 am - 5 pm on Saturday (but closed Sundays).
Here is a list of things to fill your time while we’re closed May 30 and 31st.
- Go the Sacramento Public Library branch nearest you for free Internet access.
- Go to one of the many coffee shops in Sacramento offering free wi-fi access. Hint: Try a Tupelo, Java City, or Panera location nearest you.
- Take a trip to the beach! Paradise Beach on the American River, just down the levee from campus, is recommended by two out of three librarians for its beautiful sand dunes. Remember to wear protective gear if you choose to swim.
- Visit one of the many fine California State Parks in the region before they’re closed due to state budgetary woes. Fort Sutter, for example, is both close and free!
- Stop by a local used bookstore such as the Avid Reader to find a dusty tome to take home.
- Pick up some fresh fruits and veggies at a local farmer’s market.
- Take a weekend getaway to San Francisco. There are too many possibilities to list here!
- Picnic at the Rancho Seco Recreational Area. Go to see the abandoned nuclear facilities stay for the fishing.
- Watch a thunderstorm in the Sierras.
- Enjoy some football (that’s soccer to some of us). Reza recommends the FA Cup final between Chelsea and Everton.
Posted in: General News, Hours
by Anne Bradley